Shadows On The Sand: A Review


Shadows On The Sand by Gayle Roper

She serves him breakfast at her café every morning … but he never seems to notice her.
 
Carrie Carter’s small café in Seaside, New Jersey, is populated with a motley crew of locals … although Carrie only has eyes for Greg Barnes. He’s recovering from a vicious crime that three years ago took the lives of his wife and children—and from the year he tried to drink his reality away. While her heart does a happy Snoopy dance at the sight of him, he never seems to notice her, to Carrie’s chagrin. 
 
When Carrie’s dishwasher is killed and her young waitress disappears, Greg finds himself drawn into helping Carrie solve the mysteries … and into her life. But when Carrie’s own painful past becomes all to present, her carefully constructed world begins to sink.
 
Will the fragile relationship she’s built with Greg implode from the weight of the baggage they both carry?

I loved this murder mystery. Everything in this book was perfect. I don’t know if you could call a murder mystery cute, but this definitely was. I loved all the characters in this story; all of them had such great background stories. While this book left me in cute awe it also left me on my seat wondering what would happen next. I think Roper bought out all the emotion in these characters and sometimes it hurt to read it. This book goes through many subjects like family, alcoholics, child abuse, and cults which is a huge part of this book. Reading about cults makes my skin crawl, and I get thoroughly disgusted. I think Roper wrote a great book, probably one of the best murder mysteries of this year. 
Also check out Gayle Ropers site to see her other works. And you also can read the first chapter of Shadows on the sand, and many others.

http://gayleroper.com/
I was given this book for free by waterbrook press for my review. http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punderdome: A Review

Gilt Hollow: A Review

Human Acts: A Review