Alienation: A Review

This is a second book in the series. (Beware..no spoilers)

Alienation by Jon S. Lewis

The invasion was only the beginning . . .

“After his parents were killed in a car accident, Colt McAllister was drawn into a world he thought only existed in comic books—one where mind control, jet packs, and flying motorcycles don't even scratch the surface.

Along with his best friends Oz and Danielle, Colt is now training at the secret Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural academy. But strange accidents seem to follow him. . . even with the security of the school grounds. What first seems random soon turns deadly. But who is targeting Colt?

As the alien invasions increase in frequency and force, C.H.A.O.S resources are taxed to the limit and they're forced to utilize the new recruits. In the midst of battle, Colt will discover some startling revelations . . . about himself, his friendship with Oz, and why he has been chosen to defeat this alien attack against earth.”

Alienation I have to say was kind of “Eh” to me. I still think the first one was a little more exciting to me. Don’t get me wrong this book was action packed and filled with strange things like the first one.  The characters were just as funny and great to get to know all over again. There were some twists and turns all along the book, some of them were exciting and just awesome. Some of the twists and turns were kind of sad. I have to say the book was a bit shorter then the first and I’m kind of glad it was. There were some parts in this book I don’t think were really necessary .  Like with Colt spending all that time with his Grandfather, don’t get me wrong I love the Murdoch man. But he was just in there a lot and so was Colts love interest. And I don’t even remember her name. And one thing that happens in both books that anger me are that Colt has what six, seven brothers? And they are only in the books once. You’d think Colt was an orphan. Or at least I do, the book kind of makes Colt seem like he has no one beside his Grandfather and his CHOAS friends.

Well enough of me ranting, I did still enjoy this book, and I’ll be looking forward to read the last book in the series. Coming out sometime in 2013 I think?

 I was given this book by BookSneeze, for my review. (www.booksneeze.com)
~Kellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilt Hollow: A Review

Human Acts: A Review

The Noble Servant: A Review