Running For My Life: A Review


Running for My Life
is not a story about Africa or track and field athletics. It is about outrunning the devil and achieving the impossible faith, diligence, and the desire to give back. It is the American dream come true and a stark reminder that saving one can help to save thousands more.

Lopez Lomong chronicles his inspiring ascent from a barefoot lost boy of the Sudanese Civil War to a Nike sponsored athlete on the US Olympic Team. Though most of us fall somewhere between the catastrophic lows and dizzying highs of Lomong's incredible life, every reader will find in his story the human spark to pursue dreams that might seem unthinkable, even from circumstances that might appear hopeless.

Lopez Lomong, I’d heard the name before I’d even seen him carry in the flag in 2008. And that was it, I didn’t watch most of the Olympics that year to know he was in track. When this book came a long I was interested. I’d never read a book about boy soldiers. But never really heard about one that escapes. In the beginning Lomong narrates the book. The book spans over 21 years, and it’s only 227 pages so I thought parts were a little crammed. Other then that I thought it was an interesting read. What I enjoyed the most was how Lomong was strong through out the entire book, or I guess his life. When he had his dream he would follow it. This was what made me like it even more. No complaining, no element of weakness, and he created a foundation for the “lost boys” and everyone else he left behind.

And I’ll defiantly be looking out for him in London.

 

 

 

I was given this book by BookSneeze for my review (WWW.BookSneeze.com).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilt Hollow: A Review

Human Acts: A Review

The Noble Servant: A Review