The Church Builder: A Review

The Church Builder by A. L. Shields


Bethany Barclay is running for her life. She’s a struggling attorney who’s been framed for the murder of a client. To clear her name, she must follow the trail left by her friend Annabelle to find out who killed her and why. Meanwhile, members of a centuries-old secret society known simply as The Garden track Bethany’s every move, aiding her when they can. Because The Garden knows that Bethany has been targeted by the ruthless Wilderness Society . . . and to advance their agenda in a centuries-old battle they’ll find out what she knows and then kill her too.
Each of the novels in this series revolves around the struggle between The Garden and The Wilderness. Working insidiously over the centuries, The Wilderness orchestrates “snakebites”—tiny scandals that cumulatively will bring an end to belief.

A decent book, that’s what I would call this. It was a decent thriller. I can say the book is very quick and fast paced. The characters, are interesting enough I suppose, I do like the main character Bethany she was quick on her feet knew what to do when the time came for her to act. The others, the Church Builder, the hidden creepy villains, I think they were really interesting and well built characters. But I don’t know if this is silly for me to say, but sometimes from the characters there were these cheesy one liners. For example The Church Builder was the one to say them all, like “it’s unfortunate that’s she gone through so much pain, but she has more to come” Or Something like that, it was only in the middle of the book. Something I guess you could roll your eyes to.

This book took a little longer for me to go through. The book is laced with detail left and right, information about people, places, everything. I did enjoy most of it. But it did get a little slow, there was a whole bunch of nothing. It was a interesting mystery, thriller, it has its exciting moments and slow moments. It was a well built story all the way down to the finish.

It is a beginning of a series so it’s exciting what happens, and where it goes from The Church Builder.   



I got this book for free for my review from Booksneeze. (Booksneeze.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Acts: A Review

The Noble Servant: A Review

Unfolding: A Review