Merlin's Blade: A Review

Merlin’s Blade by Robert Treskillard

When a meteorite crashes near a small village in fifth-century Britain, it brings with it a mysterious black stone that bewitches anyone who comes in contact with its glow---a power the druids hope to use to destroy King Uthur’s kingdom, as well as the new Christian faith. The only person who seems immune is a young, shy, half-blind swordsmith’s son named Merlin.
As his family, village, and even the young Arthur, are placed in danger, Merlin must face his fears and his blindness to take hold of the role God ordained for him. But when he is surrounded by adversaries, armed only by a sword he’s named Excalibur, how will he save the girl he cherishes and rid Britain of this deadly evil ... without losing his life?


Merlin the old and wise. Merlin who helps King Arthur of the round table. I love that Merlin. I’m not to sure if I really loved this book. Starting out as Merlin is young and in his teenage years. It was really sort of slow. There were little bits here and there that I kept getting lost.

I know this is how Merlin is supposed to change into the way he was when older, but I kind of wished it would of started out that way. I didn’t really care for anyone else in the story.


The book was split into Merlin, the villain and the monks. I’m not saying it was a bad story. The beginning, the prologue started great and made me wonder.  But in the end I just couldn’t get into it. It is filled with fantasy and magic and wonder I’m pretty sure others will love. 

I was given this book for free for my review from BookSneeze(www.booksneeze.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilt Hollow: A Review

Human Acts: A Review

Rad Women Worldwide: A Review