Book Haul Sunday - August 31

Book Haul time!


Okay so this will be a quick one. I got these at my local thrift store and one from a library book sale. 
(Left to Right)

Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes
This was $1.00. I was looking through the kids books (my sister just had a baby, I'm an auntie!) and this was in it. I thought it looked cool but bam! the first page I see had a womans boob just staring at me. (Not for kids)

Next is...

The Future Of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
This was a $1.50. I've read books by both of these authors and really enjoyed them. This book is an ARC but I have no problem buying it. If it is beyond amazing I'll go out and buy the hardcover. 

Next..

Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin 
It was a $1.50 as well. I watched the movie and really enjoyed it. So once I heard it was a book I put it on my wishlist and I go to the thrift store and fine it. Awesome. 

Annd Next is....

Do you see it, do you!?!?!?!?!

Battle Royal by Koushun Takami
Like all the other paperbacks this was $1.50. $1.50. $1.50!!!!! I never would of expected a book like this to show up at a thrift store. It's brand new. I've always wanted to read this. I was going to pay full price for it. When I saw it there I quickly grabbed it and hid it between the other books. No one was stopping me from getting this book. (It makes me stop and think who would donate these books. I guess more for me)

Last one.. 

Zelda by Nancy Milford
This was $0.50 at the library book sale. I've always wanted to read about Zelda Fitzgerald. And the name Zelda is so cool. 

Well that is it for me this week. What did you get?

~Kellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Acts: A Review

The Noble Servant: A Review

Unfolding: A Review