The Twinkies Cookbook: A Review

In celebration of the 85th anniversary of Twinkies®, Hostess® has updated and expanded their beloved and quirky classic The Twinkies Cookbook. This new edition includes the very best recipes from the original, combined with twenty-five new and wonderfully wacky recipes submitted by Twinkies aficionados across the country. From a Twinkie-filled take on chicken and waffles to Twinkie pumpkin pie and beyond, these colorful concoctions will surprise and enchant the Twinkie fan in all of us.


85 years of twinkies, can you believe it? The twinkies cookbook is an cute little book. Most of the recipes are short and sweet. I will say most of the recipes are just cut them up and make a cake or some sort of pie. The book in the beginning just has a little bio about the history of twinkies, which they add vintage pictures. I really did enjoy, also I’d say a good bit of the recipes had pictures which I also love. The cookbook was cut up into seven sections. Cake, pie, fruit, chocolate, cream, meat and novelty.  I would say that all of the sections but meat are the same, cut it up, slice it and put either chocolate or fruit on it. Lastly it was a very cute, quick cook book.

So with my ineptness at baking or cooking I took a crack at a recipe, a simple one mind you. So with 3 or 4 chilled twinkies I cut them in threes and dipped them in chocolate and then with some toppings. Nuts, cherries, and chocolate sprinkles. They were simple to do and kind of cute. It’s called Twinkie Petits Fours.

















I received this book for my honest review from Blogging For Books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilt Hollow: A Review

Human Acts: A Review

The Noble Servant: A Review